Sunday, 10 July 2016

Reflections 10.07.2016

I always thought I knew what I needed in life, what I needed in a man and what I needed in a relationship. I thought I had my perfect man completely figured out in my mind. I had my perfect relationship pictured like a crystal clear photograph in my imagination. When my previous picture-perfect image backfired, when what I thought I wanted backfired horribly and felt me reeling, I was disillusioned and cynical. I became bitter and hardened and sceptic.

When you happened into my life, you were so far removed from every possible imagining I had ever had. You were the complete opposite of what I expected. You were unlike anything I could have dreamt up in my wildest dreams. And you turned out to be exactly what I needed.

You challenge me: my way of thinking, my knowledge, my world views. You make me yearn for knowledge and flame my intense thirst for figuring out the world around me. You make me think and make me see the world through new eyes. You accept my eccentricities, my random bouts of insane energy and the way my mind runs a thousand miles a minute. You understand my need for adventure and fun, my silliness, and the way I get excited at the little things around us.

But, you also accept my dark side, my constant worries, my overthinking, the way I get so caught up in my thoughts that I imagine the worst possible scenarios in everything. You calm my fears and talk me down from the edge of madness in a way I have never previously experienced. You know what I need even before I know it, and go out of your way to be there for me in everything.

You play a bigger role in the boys' lives than you could ever imagine. You fulfil gaps in my parenting that I didn't know existed, and challenge me to be a better mom in a way I can never thank you for. You have sacrificed so much to be the dependable person that the boys and I need.

You make me so happy, and I can never say thank you enough for everything that you have grown to mean to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment