Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Motivational songs 2

I did a post on my favourite motivational songs before the Easter holiday. As promised, here is part 2 of my personal top 10 songs to boost my mood.

6. Avicii - Wake me up

Lyrics:
So wake me up when it's all over,
When I'm wiser and I'm older.
All this time I was finding myself 
And I didn't know I was lost

This song is very close to my heart. I have been on a big journey of self discovery for the past years or so. I didn't know how lost I had been until I sat back and took stock of what had been going on in my life.

7. Frank Sinatra - My Way

Lyrics:
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, 
I did it my way

I am a stickler for Frankie's soothing voice, and this song is by far my favourite by him. Each of us has our own path to follow in life, our own journey to travel, and this song helps me remember that no-one can judge the choices you make.

8. Anastacia - Paid my dues


Lyrics:
I done made it through
Stand on my own two
I paid my dues, yeah.
Tried to hold me down
You can't stop me now
I paid my dues

Anastacia's catchy beats and empowering lyrics are amazing. She reminds us that we are strong enough to get through everything that life throws at up. 

9. Queen - We will rock you


Lyrics:
We will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you

This song has been a battle song for generations. It encourages strength and passion and a will to fight.

10. Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia

Lyrics:
I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

Sia has one of the best voices of our time in my opinion. This song by her and David Guetta reminds me that I am stronger than what ever is trying to cut me down.

So there we go, the top 10 songs on my Motivational play list. I hope they mean something to you as well!

Please share your favourite motivational songs with me via comments here or on my Facebook page :) 

And remember, happiness is a choice!

All videos sourced from Youtube; lyrics sourced from azlyrics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment