Sunday, 8 March 2015

Poetry Week - Round Up

I decided to host a poetry week this week. I don't write much poetry any more, but I love how poets capture such feeling in so few words. The use of language, the styles, how it all comes together to form such a cohesive and touching piece of writing. So, here are some of my favourite poems for you, as seen on my Facebook Page.

Monday:

'Hope' is one of my favourite topics, and this Emily Dickinson poem has been etched in my mind since I saw in on a hospital wall in 2010.

Tuesday:


A copy of this poem has been stuck on my office wall since August 2013. I reread it often, as a reminder to keep going, even when times get tough.

Wednesday:

This poem is beautiful in it's simplicity. I love the bird theme, which matches so well with the Dickinson poem above.

Thursday:

This is another wonderful reminder that. no matter what, the bad times will pass.

Friday:

This poem by Joyce Alcantara speaks to dearly to the inner struggle which we all face, the hidden battles we all fight on our own.

As an added bonus, here is a poem that I wrote. The inspiration for this one came while watching a sun set from my kitchen. I hope you like it!

I hope you enjoyed these poems as much as I do!

And remember, happiness is a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment