Monday, 19 January 2015

Searching for Inspiration

In all my talk and plans of creating and writing, there is something that I really struggle with; Inspiration. I am so caught up in daily life that I struggle to find things to write about. not only on my blog, but in the creative writing I want to do in my spare time too. I have always loved writing, from essays to short stories to poetry, I was writing through most of High school. After high school, I seem to have encountered a block, my creativity seems to have died...

I know it sounds silly, but I feel as if I am missing an essential part of who I am. It is something that I have noticed all the more over the past 2 years or so, and something that I am determined to recover in 2015. I think a lot of it stems from fear, fear of disapproval, fear of disappointment. I have been through a lot emotionally over the past few years and I feel that most of the block stems from that. I let the wrong people have the wrong amount of influence in my life, and in an effort to keep them happy, I killed off one of the most important parts of who I am.

In an effort to combat that, I have started journaling again. I figure the more I write, the easier it will become to write. Like anything in life, writing takes practise. Any form of art does. Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Da Vinci, they all had to start somewhere. And, they also all struggled with some form of writer's block too. In fact, I came across this cute video of Shakespeare overcoming his writer's block which I think we can all relate to in some way.

In the end, I think inspiration is something that we need to find within us. It is the stories and ideas, millions of endless possibilities, that we all have the ability to bring to fruition. Sometimes, it is a roaring waterfall, that picks us up and sweeps us away, but most times, it is a small, quiet trickle, one that we search for like a dying man in a desert, but always, it is the power within us, to create, to inspire, to dream, and to hope.

Go out there, and be inspired.

And remember, happiness is a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment