Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies with Choc Chips (GF)

My sons love baking! Seriously! Any time spent in the kitchen is the greatest fun for them! And I love doing it with them too. It's great bonding time for all of us.

Recently, Jonathan had his Grade R school play, it was cuteness overload! The second night, Mikey and I stayed home while the rest of the family went to watch the show. I decided to try out a super easy recipe that I've seen everywhere on Pinterest. Speaking of Pinterest, follow me if you use it!

Of course, I never stick to the plain recipe, I always tweak it somehow, but I love how these turned out! I added desiccated coconut for some added crunch, and chocolate chips, because nothing goes better with peanut butter than chocolate! I guess the beauty of an easy, basic recipe like this is that you can customize it to your liking, and what is better than personalized cookies!

Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies with Choc Chips

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter (Substitute Sunflower or other Nut Butter if you are Peanut free. Also make sure that the Peanut Butter you use is Gluten Free)
2 eggs
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (you can use all white or all brown as well)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Again, use a Gluten Free brand; you can also substitute nuts, raisins etc for dairy free cookies)

Method 

1. Preheat oven to 180*C
2. Combine Peanut Butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl.


3.  Add in the coconut and choc chips, and mix well. Should the mixture not come together properly, add a little bit more coconut to stiffen it up.

4. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a well greased baking plate, (or use baking paper) and flatten slightly with a fork.

5. Sprinkle the cookies with some extra coconut before baking for some extra crunch.
6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until brown on top.

7. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the baking tray.

These are definitely kid-approved in my house, and the boys are already requesting another batch! Guess I've got some baking to do this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment