Recently, Jonathan had his Grade R school play, it was cuteness overload! The second night, Mikey and I stayed home while the rest of the family went to watch the show. I decided to try out a super easy recipe that I've seen everywhere on Pinterest. Speaking of Pinterest, follow me if you use it!
Of course, I never stick to the plain recipe, I always tweak it somehow, but I love how these turned out! I added desiccated coconut for some added crunch, and chocolate chips, because nothing goes better with peanut butter than chocolate! I guess the beauty of an easy, basic recipe like this is that you can customize it to your liking, and what is better than personalized cookies!
1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter (Substitute Sunflower or other Nut Butter if you are Peanut free. Also make sure that the Peanut Butter you use is Gluten Free)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (you can use all white or all brown as well)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Again, use a Gluten Free brand; you can also substitute nuts, raisins etc for dairy free cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 180*C
2. Combine Peanut Butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl.
3. Add in the coconut and choc chips, and mix well. Should the mixture not come together properly, add a little bit more coconut to stiffen it up.
4. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a well greased baking plate, (or use baking paper) and flatten slightly with a fork.
5. Sprinkle the cookies with some extra coconut before baking for some extra crunch.
7. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the baking tray.
These are definitely kid-approved in my house, and the boys are already requesting another batch! Guess I've got some baking to do this weekend!