Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Gluten Free Apple Crumble

I have been craving a good apple crumble for weeks now! Warm and fragrant, topped with a crispy crumble and drowned in fresh cream, what sounds more perfect on a winter's day? Luckily for my tummy, we had a family get-together this weekend and I graciously offered to be in charge to pudding for the day! Yay!

Family get-togethers in my family are big and loud and rambunctious and delicious! I love being part of a big, crazy, close-knit family and am so glad that my children get to grow up surrounded by loving family members and playful cousins! But anyway, back to the food!

Gluten Free Apple Crumble (serves about 6)

Ingredients:
8-10 apples, cored and thinly sliced (I kept the skin on mine, but you can peel them if you choose)
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
2 cups Gluten Free Oats. GF Granola would work well too. (South African readers, I found some at my  local Dischem)
1 cup desiccated coconut
50g finely chopped, mixed nuts (either raw or roasted would work)
75g chopped butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Fresh cream or ice cream to serve

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C

2. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples and toss to mix. Arrange evenly in an ovenproof dish.
This is my baby cousin Chloe, who I quickly roped into helping out!

3. Combine oats, coconut, nuts and sugar for the crumble topping.
Look at the yummyness!

4. Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the arranged apples. 

5. Dot the topping evenly with the chopped butter.
All ready for the oven! My assistant was very pleased with her handiwork!

6. Bake the apple crumble for 20-30 minutes until the apples are soft and the topping is brown and crispy. I like my topping extra crispy so I left it in the oven for a bit longer.

All warm and toasty from the oven

7. Serve warm with fresh cream or ice cream.
Total Deliciousness! 

I hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment